- OH MY Goodness!! Every time I open up Pinterest this salad is right there waiting for me and we can grow most of the herbs and veggies right in our gardens…it was definitely a must try and did not disappoint…except the olives…those got left out!!
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 Lemon (1/4 Cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice)
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 2 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Basil
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic, Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Cracked Pepper, to Taste
- (1 Pound | 500 g) 4 Skinless, Boneless Chicken Thigh Fillets (or Chicken Breasts)
Salad ~ Straight from Your Garden
- 4 Cups Romaine Lettuce Leaves, Washed and Dried
- 1 Large Cucumber, Diced
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, Diced
- 1 Red Onion, Sliced
- 1 Avocado, Sliced
- ⅓ Cup Pitted Kalamata Olives (or Black Olives), optional…very optional
- Lemon Wedges, to Serve
- Whisk together all of the marinade/dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour out half of the marinade into a large, shallow dish. Refrigerate the remaining marinade to use as the dressing later.
- Add the chicken to the marinade in the bowl; marinade chicken for 15-30 minutes (or up to two hours in the refrigerator if time allows).
- While waiting for the chicken, prepare all of the salad ingredients and mix in a large salad bowl.
- Once chicken is ready, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a grill pan or a grill plate over medium-high heat. Grill chicken on both sides until browned and completely cooked through.
- Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes; slice and arrange over salad. Drizzle salad with the remaining untouched dressing. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Add ½ cup crumbled feta to give the salad an even better flavour!